Kaye? Polopop? WHO?
Let me introduce myself. I am Kaye Brewster, aka Kaye, aka Polopop. Why do I use two names?
Because I'm swept by conflicting musical moods and it doesn't
seem fair to subject the people who enjoy my dreamy soothing
celtic sounds, to my demonically trivial experimental synthpop.
(And vice-versa of course). So once you discover which
me is you, you can relax and listen in sheer,
I live in Edinburgh and record all this music in my spare
time when I have any. I don't play live, except when I'm in
Electroluvs which is quite like Polopop in bits.
I don't have a record deal because
no one seems to want me, but that won't stop me making music, oh no. On
my night off, I sit back play violin in the Edinburgh Symphony
Here are the things I've used over the years to make
everything you hear:
- Korg X3 keyboard
- Vantage acoustic guitar
- AMD Athlon 500MHz PC - 128MB RAM
- Sound Blaster Live! Platinum
2000 (free wav-file editor/mixer for Linux)
- Sony MZR-35 MD recorder / Sony microphone
- Free phone headset from Visitalk (used for all vocals
in Very Cherry except Deeper than me)
- Intel Pentium 100MHz PC - 48MB RAM
- Gravis Ultrasound PnP / free mic (donated to Kizzy)
- LAME mp3 encoder
- Various miscellaneous whistles, drums, spoons and whatever
else I happen to find lying under the sofa